F1 fans reacted to Mario Andretti's account on X(formerly twitter) suddenly showing support for several controversial social media accounts on the website. The former world champion's official X account was seen agreeing with several strong American political opinions.
Andretti has a large following on social media platforms. He has over 190,000 followers on X and over 75,000 on Instagram. The 84-year-old usually posts about his own teams in various motorsport series and about his past and present experiences.
Recently, however, some unusual activity was noticed on his official X account. On July 26, his account started replying to several American politics parody and fan accounts. The account mainly answered 'yes' to several controversial questions. Within an hour, Andretti's account agreed to five different controversial posts about Trump, Pride flags, Drop-Box ballots, and more.
One of the most controversial posts to which Andretti agreed was about banning pride flags and illegal immigrants from schools and churches.

Because of his large following, many fans noticed his replies to contentious posts and were seemingly puzzled by them. Several people speculated that Mario Andretti's official X account could have been hacked by someone, especially based on the number of replies to certain posts in a short period.
"Is this account hacked? You good Mario?" one fan questioned.
"Definitely looks hacked when you go to his last few replied tweets," another replied.
"Mario got hacked NOOOOO," one speculated.
A few fans simply expressed their shock at the former F1 driver's official X account agreeing with these posts.
"Oh Mario, no…"
"Yikes Mario," another exclaimed.
As of now, there is no confirmation or statement from Andretti regarding the sudden unusual activity on his social media handle.
Andretti has previously also used his social media presence to promote his son Michael Andretti's bid to enter F1. The Andretti family has been trying to enter the top-tier single-seater series for quite some time now. They have been turned down by the FOM in February 2024.
Mario Andretti surprised by Liberty Media CEO's aim to stop his American team from joining F1
Mario Andretti shared that he was told by Liberty Media CEO Greg Maffei that he would actively try to stop Mario's son Michael Andretti's American team from joining F1.
While Andretti's bid to enter F1 was accepted by the FIA later in 2023, it was rejected by the FOM in early 2024.
Speaking to NBC News in May 2024, the former F1 world champion explained that he had a conversation with Maffei in Palm Club during the 2024 Miami GP. He expressed how shocked he was when Liberty Media's CEO bluntly said that he would do everything to stop his son's team from entering F1.
“I was asked to go there. And just as I was trying to explain that to Stefano, Greg Maffei, Mr. Maffei, broke in the conversation and he said: ‘Mario, I want to tell you that I will do everything in my power to see that Michael [Andretti] never enters Formula 1’,” Mario said.
He added:
"I could not believe that. That one really floored me. We’re talking about business. I didn’t know it was something so personal. That was really — oh, my goodness. I could not believe it. It was just like a bullet through my heart.”