Belal Muhammad has picked his winner for the UFC 310 co-main event between Shavkat Rakhmonov and Ian Machado Garry in an interview at the MMA Awards. Alex Pereira attended the same event and addressed the viral altercation with Jamahal Hill earlier at the Performance Institute.
Stay updated with the latest news from combat sports with Sportskeeda MMA.
Belal Muhammad predicts Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Ian Machado Garry
Speaking with MMA Junkie at the 2024 MMA Awards, Belal Muhammad opened up on the upcoming headliner title fight between Shavkat Rakhmonov and Ian Machado Garry at UFC 310. Muhammad was originally set to fight Rakhmonov in the main event but had to withdraw because of a toe infection that even made him consider an amputation.
Get the latest updates on One Championship Rankings at Sportskeeda and more
When asked about the welterweight matchup, the reigning divisional champion said:
"I think people overrate [Shavkat Rakhmonov]. They put him on this big pedestal. I think a lot of people underrate Ian [Machado Garry]. They don't think he's really as good as his record shows."
Muhammad continued with his prediction for the UFC 310 fight:
"Honestly, I think it's going to be Ian. He's very smart with the way he fights and he has a good IQ of how to get away. We have seen him get rocked before... I think he's had harder matchups."
Listen to Belal Muhammad's prediction below (0:30):
Alex Pereira breaks silence on Jamahal Hill altercation at UFC PI
The feud between Alex Pereira and Jamahal Hill reached new heights on Thursday as the two crossed paths at the UFC Performance Institute. Hill confronted Pereira, who threw a pair of gloves at him, indicating a challenge to fight in the cage. Hill declined but later vented about it on his YouTube channel.
'Poatan' kept his initial reaction curt, issuing a four-word tweet on X that when translated, reads:
"The atmosphere got tense."
Later on, at the MMA Awards, the UFC light heavyweight champion gave a more detailed but still nonchalant reaction to the confrontation in an interview with MMA Junkie:
"Well, it happens. This is the first time it's happened to me, but I'm very focused on myself. What he does doesn't interest me and he should worry about his next fight, and who knows? If he wins, he might have a second chance to fight me."
[Part of Pereira's comment was missed by his translator and has been filled in by Sportskeeda staff.]
Joe Rogan reacts to recently released COVID-19 report
Joe Rogan read out a portion of the recently released 520-page report on COVID-19 published by the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic after a two-year investigation. The study seemingly confirmed several notions to be accurate that were previously dismissed in mass media as "conspiracy" and those propagating them were laughed at.
In The Joe Rogan Experience episode #2239, the UFC commentator had Derek Munro of More Plates More Dates over as the guest. He discussed the report, slamming Rachel Maddow of MSNBC and other mainstream media personalities who staunchly backed WHO and CDC policies that are now being questioned in the report:
"The House released a 500-page report on COVID-19 pandemic key findings... COVID-19 likely originated from a lab-related incident in Wuhan, China. Crazy. You'd get banned from YouTube for saying that.
"Over $200 billion in relief funds, lost to fraud with criminals exploiting weak oversight. Prolonged lockdowns and arbitrary mandates caused severe harm, economic devastation, mental health crises, and historic learning loss... The Select Subcommittee on Coronavirus Pandemic basically said all the conspiracy theorists were correct. Every single one of them. No repercussions, no retractions, no apology from Rachel Maddow. None of it."