#3 Has WWE signed Cain Velasquez?
The simple answer: no. Not yet, at least.
Female superstar says she inspired John Cena turning heel HERE
Friday’s closing segment on SmackDown perfectly set up a future WWE Championship match for Cain Velasquez, but the man himself has told ESPN that he is only in “advanced talks” with the company and he is keeping his options open, with AEW and NJPW also interested.
"We've talked a little bit back and forth and nothing happened. They wanted to see my development. I think they're pleased with what I'm doing now."
The 37-year-old, who previously trained at WWE’s Performance Center in 2018, exceeded expectations when he competed in two matches for Mexican promotion AAA in August and September 2019.
According to the Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, a match between Velasquez and his former UFC rival, Brock Lesnar, is scheduled to take place at the Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia on October 31, but nothing has been confirmed yet by WWE.
As for the storyline reason why Velasquez confronted Lesnar, he explained to WWE.com after SmackDown that he wanted “payback” for what the new WWE Champion did to Rey Mysterio and Dominik.
"I'm here because Brock Lesnar knows what he did. It wasn't right, I saw it. I'm here to get some payback."