Vince McMahon, The Undertaker, and Michelle McCool
#3 Vince McMahon's idea for Reckoning to have a seizure on WWE TV
Ad
Mia Yim aka Reckoning
On the latest edition of WWE RAW, fans noticed something bizarre during the multi-man match pitting RETRIBUTION and The Hurt Business. At one point during the bout, RETRIBUTION member Reckoning began acting weirdly, and it soon became clear that she wasn't looking good. Reckoning seemed to be having a seizure but later stated on social media that she had been 'possessed'. According to Fightful, Vince McMahon had originally planned for Reckoning to have a seizure on WWE TV.
Female superstar says she inspired John Cena turning heel HERE
“Fightful has learned that initially, Vince McMahon had wanted Reckoning, AKA Mia Yim to mimic a seizure during the spot on Monday Night Raw. We're told that she, among others spoke up that the method originally pitched was not in good taste. Vince McMahon was said to have liked the spot as it played out, outside of Yim being referred to by her real name.”
Thankfully, Vince McMahon's idea didn't come to fruition, and WWE went with the other option that saw Reckoning getting 'possessed'. This was a better idea anyway, as a barrage of fans on social media began bashing WWE for the segment, assuming that Reckoning had faked a seizure. WWE did the right thing by dropping Vince McMahon's idea and preventing a social media outrage from happening as a result.
×
Feedback
Why did you not like this content?
Was this article helpful?
Thank You for feedback
About the author
Abhilash Mendhe
Abhilash Mendhe is a pro wrestling journalist at Sportskeeda with nearly five years of experience. He completed his MBA from the Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management in 2016 and worked with multiple banking institutions, including Tech Mahindra. While he started writing WWE articles for Sportskeeda in 2019 as a hobby, it eventually became a significant part of his professional journey.
Abhilash checks his articles thrice before sending them to the editing team, ensuring his work is highly accurate and reliable.
He has interviewed prominent pro wrestling personalities like Noam Dar, Angry Miz Girl, Brendan Cobbina, and Jesse Lambert. Abhilash is a big fan of AEW star Orange Cassidy, as he believes the former International Champion’s on-screen gimmick of an extremely lazy guy resonates with him.
Given the opportunity to script WWE’s next big storyline, Abhilash would treat fans to the second installment of The Bloodline Civil War. He would book Roman Reigns to re-form The Bloodline with The Usos and Sami Zayn upon his comeback. The angle would see The Tribal Chief-led group go head-to-head with The Rock, Solo Sikoa, Tama Tonga, and Jacob Fatu in a blockbuster family feud.
When not reporting on pro wrestling, Abhilash likes to work out, go on walks, read, and explore new eateries.