Sonya Deville is back (Image via her Twitter post)
Sonya Deville has sent a message following her return on tonight's episode of WWE RAW. She suffered a torn ACL last year and had been out of action for about 10 months.
Ad
On July 28, 2023, she and Chelsea Green took on Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair in a tag team match. The duo lost the bout, and Deville went on a hiatus soon after. In August, it was reported that the 30-year-old star had suffered a torn ACL and was going to miss several months of in-ring action. Deville later took to her social media handles to confirm the report.
She made a surprise return on tonight's episode of WWE RAW, introducing herself to Zoey Stark as Shayna Baszler stood by.
Ad
Trending
Shortly after, Sonya Deville posted about her return on X. Here's what she said:
Female superstar says she inspired John Cena turning heel HERE
"She’s Backk… 😉"
Ad
Shortly after her exit, Piper Niven approached Chelsea Green and declared herself one-half of the Women's Tag Team Champions.
She thus replaced Sonya as Chelsea's tag team partner. Deville's fans are beyond excited to see what's in store for her in the coming weeks now that she's back.
Are you excited about Deville's return?
×
Feedback
Why did you not like this content?
Was this article helpful?
Thank You for feedback
About the author
Abhilash Mendhe
Abhilash Mendhe is a pro wrestling journalist at Sportskeeda with nearly five years of experience. He completed his MBA from the Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management in 2016 and worked with multiple banking institutions, including Tech Mahindra. While he started writing WWE articles for Sportskeeda in 2019 as a hobby, it eventually became a significant part of his professional journey.
Abhilash checks his articles thrice before sending them to the editing team, ensuring his work is highly accurate and reliable.
He has interviewed prominent pro wrestling personalities like Noam Dar, Angry Miz Girl, Brendan Cobbina, and Jesse Lambert. Abhilash is a big fan of AEW star Orange Cassidy, as he believes the former International Champion’s on-screen gimmick of an extremely lazy guy resonates with him.
Given the opportunity to script WWE’s next big storyline, Abhilash would treat fans to the second installment of The Bloodline Civil War. He would book Roman Reigns to re-form The Bloodline with The Usos and Sami Zayn upon his comeback. The angle would see The Tribal Chief-led group go head-to-head with The Rock, Solo Sikoa, Tama Tonga, and Jacob Fatu in a blockbuster family feud.
When not reporting on pro wrestling, Abhilash likes to work out, go on walks, read, and explore new eateries.